The websites, newsletters, podcasts and videos you should be consuming to up your game.
By Rebecca Au-Mullaney
We’ve all had those times when we’re feeling creatively stuck. Luckily, there are plenty of places to go for a jolt of inspiration — if you know where to look. We surveyed our team to find out which blogs, newsletters, sites and more they turn to to stay invigorated and that spark new ways of thinking. Here’s a sampling of the marketing resources our team consumes to stay sharp.
Marketing News, Insights and Tech Tools
1. Follow the evolving world of artificial intelligence (AI) and data science with Christopher Penn’s “Almost Timely” newsletter.
3. Watch the Emmy-nominated Abstract: The Art of Design docuseries on Netflix to glean lessons from creatives across different industries, such as Paula Scher, Jonathan Hoefler and Tinker Hatfield.
4. Stay on top of Google updates and algorithm changes with easy-to-digest content from Search Engine Journal.
5. Read the Search Engine Land blog, with coverage ranging from SEO to social media. Where to start? We recommend the SMX Advanced series, which gives you the chance to pick the brains of other marketers adapting to the same challenges.
6. Sign up for daily roundups from Think with Google to get consumer insights and useful tools delivered right to your inbox.
7. Keep your ideas fresh with Marketing Brew’s snappy, skimmable newsletter — full of trends, tactics, tech updates and success stories.
8. Discover the latest tech tools at Product Hunt — we’re talking browser extensions, web apps, creative/graphics repositories and a lot more.
10. Test-drive website animations and interactions at Codrops.
11. Explore best practices for user experience at Laws of UX.
13. Stay abreast of the email landscape at Really Good Emails (and subscribe to the newsletter for thoughtful, relevant tidbits!).
16. Feast your eyes on the email designs in Canva’s how-to guide.
17. See social ads from other brands with the searchable Meta Ad Library, where you can access all ads running across Facebook and Instagram. See Meta’s hand-selected exemplars in its inspiration collection.
18. Learn social media basics with HubSpot Academy’s free online social media marketing certification course (just one of its many free online marketing resources).
19. If you learn best through video, visit Creatopy’s blog for oh-so-helpful videos and webinars.
20. Dig into Hootsuite’s comprehensive guide to social media advertising.